The Onewheel Pint will come with the fender delete installed from the factory. If you have bought the Fender, something I recommend, then you will need to install it yourself following this guide below. This guide works for both the Onewheel Pint and Onewheel Pint X.
The cheapest option for the Onewheel Pint doesn’t come with a Fender. You need to buy this accessory separately or get it with one of the bundle deals from Future Motion.
Tools Needed to Install the Fender
The Fender kit comes with the needed Torx bit. If you plan to do any more modification and need to get into the battery/control box look at the security bit git below as they need a special bit.
- T20 Torx (screws for the fender and sensor pad)
- T20 5-point Tamperproof Security bit for the Onewheel Pint Controller box
How to Install the Pint Fender
Installing the Fender is a simple process that only requires a few steps.
- The first step is to remove the fender delete. Four screws need to be removed on top of the board with the supplied Torx bit.
- Remove the Fender delete, it’s snapped in so unsnap it and take it off the board.
- Take the Fender and face the Pint logo to the back of the board.
- Use the maghandle as a guide and make sure to take it over the lip while gently pushing the fender down. Snapp it in place
- Attach the four screws again with the supplied Torx bit and you are down. Don’t overtight the screw as it can strip the incerts.
What does a Onewheel Fender do and is it necessary?
The Onewheel Fender keeps dirt and debris attached to the tire from kicking up on your footpads, shoes and pants. Riding in wet conditions without it will make you really dirty. aThe Onewheel Fender also helps to protect your feet from coming in contact with the tire giving a nasty ankle bite.
The Onewheel Fender is necessary to have if riding in bad weather. Removing the risk of hitting the tire will help in the learning process and keep the good times riding going for longer.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.