There is never fun to have problems with your beloved device. Here is a guide to finding solutions for some of the most common troubles you can have.
If your board is indicating an error code, that’s a good way to start. Some problems will not show and might need more investigation.
- First, are your board blinking yellow indicating an error code?
If yes you can then find the corresponding failure here, The Complete list of Onehweel error codes. It describes the error codes and the most common way to fix them.
- Are you having problems with your footpad sensor?
If you are having problems with your footpad sensor then check this post around how to fix the most common sensor failure on the Onewheel.
- Puncture and flat tire?
We all will have a puncture on our device at some point. Future Motion has put some slime inside the tire and it will fix most small leakages. Want to learn more read “How to fix a flat tire on your Onewheel (Puncture, Leak)”.
- Are your board doing a Capatin Morgan with almost full battery? then it might be a bad cell. CHeck out Onewheel nose up with almost full battery (Captain Morgan) explaining how to diagnoize your board and fix the problem.
- If you got a Onewheel Pint and there is sound comming from your board when shaking it. Then you most likely got the lose powerbutton nut. Stop riding, turn it of and fix it, for a complete guide check out, Open Onewheel Pint Controller box (Fix rattle)
- Sound comming from the motor? It could be the normal sound comming from the motor. Its the motor working or it could be the hub bolts that are getting lose. The bolts usually gives a more “klicking” sound.
If you haven’t find the solution to your problem it’s always a good idea to send a request to FM. Sometimes and if you are out of warranty another good idea is to go to the Technical Forum hosted by Future Motions Inc. This Forum is quite active and you can usually get a good response. Another great place to find help is on the Onewheel groups on Facebook and the Onewheel subreddit.